Thorpedene's Academy Board is made up of the following members:
Stephen Tollworthy - Chair Of Governors
- Worked in Advertising, Creative Director responsible for all creative output and adhering to budgets
- On the SBC Education Board Panel
- On the SBC Admissions Panel
- Been Pastoral Team leader at local church
- Lives in Westcliff and is passionate about achieving the best possible outcome for the students in our area
- Parent of 4 children, all attending SECAT schools
- Married and lived locally for 14 years, originally from Lincolnshire.
- 20 years' management experience running cinemas and leisure complexes
- Belief that whether in business or in a school, results come from providing a fantastic place for us all to work, with a well run, caring, well organised environment and a passionate and hard working culture
- Interested in politics, current affairs, and environmental issues
Carly Quick Crockford
- Parent of 5 (4 currently in SECAT schools)
- 20 years experience in finance and accounting.
- Moved to Southend 3 years ago and have never looked back.
- Interests include health and fitness, reading and having 4 boys it is inevitable that I also like football.
- Challenge for this year is researching childrens mental health and the effects of childhood trauma on development.
- Parent of three children at Thorpedene School
- Secondary School English Teacher for over 12 years in a local secondary school. Experience teaching children across all Key Stages from 1-5.
- Would love to see the implementation of a mandatory mental health and well-being curriculum to be formally taught and featured in all schools, for all children.
- Every child deserves to be given the strategies for understanding, reflecting and dealing with their emotions and feelings from a young age and I am enjoying my work/research on a provision and program that can be delivered in schools.
- I worked in banking for approx 12 years, both in the UK and USA; starting in grass roots roles and then in people and project management roles.
- I am currently at home with 2 young children, one of which is in reception within SECAT
- we have recently moved into Thorpe Bay after 5 years living in London
- during my children’s youngest years I volunteered for NCT (national childbirth trust)
- I believe we need to work together to help our community flourish and that our children and schools are the most important part of this.
- Interim Assistant head for EYFS/KS1 at TPS
- I have been here for 8 years since I was an NQT
- I currently teach year 2
- I am the parent of 2 grown up sons
- I am passionate about teaching and supporting our children by creating a fun, exciting learning environment. I enjoy reading and I am part of an online book club that supports families that have been in natural disasters around the world.